Text Neck Care in Saddle Brook, NJ
At Ferraro Spine & Rehabilitation, we specialize in providing highly effective chiropractic care as part of a comprehensive treatment plan. If you are looking for a chiropractor in Saddle Brook, look no further. Dr. Ferraro brings two decades of experience in chiropractic medicine and the overall treatment of back pain and neck pain.
Is your phone, tablet & laptop becoming a pain in the neck?
According to our experience and documented research, “text neck” is a serious epidemic that can lead to permanent damage. This is because the posture we adopt while staring down at our devices increases stress on the neck and causes excessive wear and tear.
Since our heads weigh roughly between 10-12 lbs and we bend our necks at a 60-degree angle to look down at our devices, the weight and pressure on the neck increases substantially. When the neck is stressed by the added weight, it can then go on to affect the upper spine and back. Since phones and tablets are essential to everyday life in today’s society, it is important to be aware of your posture when using these devices.
Ways to Avoid “Text Neck”
- Do not use your cell phone or tablet for an extended period of time. If you have the ability to work from a desktop, that would be your safest choice. Sitting at a desktop will allow you to be more aware of your posture and to correct it when necessary.
- If at your desktop, make sure the computers are arranged ergonomically, or in a way that allows you to be looking up at the device instead of down.
- When you use your cell phone, raise your phone to your eye level instead of looking down at an angle.
- Stretch the neck and back regularly to avoid the possibility of nerve damage.
Stretches to Keep the Neck Healthy
- Tuck the chin down toward the neck, then slowly rise it up toward the ceiling.
- Rotate the head so that it is looking out over one shoulder, then turn slowly and rotate in the other direction.
- Rotate the shoulders in a clockwise direction while holding the arms down by the sides of the body; repeat in a counter clockwise direction.
“Text neck” is something that can be easily avoided. In order to be proactive about the issues directly related to “text neck,” contact your chiropractor to get more information or to learn proper stretching techniques.
Dr. Peter Ferraro, PC
Dr. Peter Ferraro is the founder and owner of Ferraro Spine & Rehabilitation. His advanced non-surgical approach to the treatment of many spinal conditions has awarded him numerous awards and accolades, but none better than a high success rate through his self-designed treatment protocol, the “Ferraro Spine Method.”
Kyle Robertson, DC
Kyle Robertson is a Doctor of Chiropractic at Ferraro Spine & Rehabilitation. Dr. Kyle Robertson provides exceptional quality chiropractic care to patients since he joined the team in the spring of 2014. Dr Robertson has quickly become a leading doctor of chiropractic in Bergen County and surrounding areas.