Ferraro Spine & Rehabilitation is a NRCME certified medical examiner providing New Jersey commercial drivers and organizations with DOT Medical Exams, CDL Driver Physicals and DOT Drug Testing at our convenient Saddle Brook location. We provide hassle-free DOT physical exams for CDL truck drivers and bus drivers. Upon completion of the exam, a medical certificate is provided to the driver.
The cost of the exam is $80 and we accept cash, credit card or check.
Department of Transportation Exams are physical health exams mandated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration for commercial motor vehicle drivers. The DOT medical exam includes the following facets:
- Discussion of medical history
- Physical exam
- Hearing test
- Vision test
- Physical exam interpretation
Exam Day Recommendations
On the day of the scheduled DOT medical exam, it is recommended that you are hydrated. It is advised to drink lots of water and avoid drinking coffee, tea, soda or hot chocolate. It is also advised for smokers to not smoke for at least two hours prior to the exam. Be sure to take any routine prescribed medication that you would normally take. Also, it is advised that you arrive early to your appointment for a stress free check-in.
Important DOT Information to Consider
- If you drive a vehicle over 10,000 lbs., you are required to carry a medical card – we provide the medical exam for this and will issue the medical card needed to drive this type of vehicle.
- If you drive a vehicle over 26,000 lbs., you are required to be drug tested – we provide in-office, no wait time drug testing.
- Blood pressure readings below 140/90 may allow for a 2 year medical card.
- Keep your BMI < 33 to help avoid sleep apnea testing.
- If you have an implantable defibrillator, you will be disqualified.