Personal attention with one-on-one & small group training for stellar results.
We tailor a fitness program to your desired goal and work to build your strength and agility skills and incorporate recovery to prevent injury. Our fitness center located in Bergen County NJ also offers sought after technologies including InBody Assessments and HealthSnap software. We offer an Infrared Sauna,Vibration Plate Therapies and the famous ROM (Range of Motion) machine. Ferraro Functional Fitness offers a whole-body approach with customized fitness, nutrition and health coaching.
What makes Ferraro Functional Fitness different?
- The difference is in our team and our technologies. For example, whole-body Vibrational Therapy is not something you run into at most other gyms. The idea originates from the concept of our body movement under the earth’ s gravity, which works vertically. Vertical movement (from the machine’ s vibration) stimulates the growth plates, improves circulation, enhances muscle strength and energizes the lymphatic system.
- Some gyms have saunas– we have an Infrared Sauna that doesn’t dehydrate the body like regular saunas and allows for optimal detoxification.
- The full-body approach: At Ferraro Functional Fitness, we subscribe to the mind, body, and soul approach to fitness. Working out your physical self is just one part of the equation. We incorporate exercise and nutrition to meet all of your body’s many needs.
- The individual treatment: We will custom design a fitness program that is tailor-made for you and your needs. There is no “one-size-fits-all” workout plan here. Your unique needs are carefully considered for your fitness program.
- We offer specialized services to enhance benefits with proven trainers. We offer InBody Assessments and HealthSnap software, the ROM machine for 4 minute intense workouts, and Vibration Plate Therapy to name just a few unique and sought after offerings.
Read a blog from a client who is working toward better health …..
Over the last two decades, I’ve dabbled in Pilates and loved how it made me feel. So I started researching and found Clint Bigham. He is a trainer that is originally from California that specializes in Pilates, vibrational training, and the ROM. I setup a meeting on March 21 after talking to him I signed up for 10 sessions. We started our first session on April 5.
Before that first training session, he did an InBody analysis. For those wondering what this is, it is a machine that goes beyond traditional body composition analysis. It not only analyzes how much fat and muscle you have, but it also measures your Total Body Water and divides it into Intracellular Water and Extracellular Water, which is important for understanding your fluid distribution in medical, wellness, or fitness contexts.
When reviewing my results he noticed something alarming, my visceral fat level. Visceral fat is body fat that is stored within the abdominal cavity and is therefore stored around a number of important internal organs such as the liver, pancreas, and intestines. Visceral fat is sometimes referred to as ‘active fat’ because research has shown that this type of fat plays a distinctive and potentially dangerous role affecting how our hormones function.
Storing higher amounts of visceral fat is associated with increased risks of a number of health problems including:
- Type 2 diabetes
- Heart disease
- Alzheimer’s disease/Dementia (these are two of my biggest fear)
- Sleep disorders
The InBody machine measures this on a scale from 0-20, Clint said anything under a 10 is fine… but mine is at a 20. I remember him saying to me very seriously, “This number should terrify you!”
The entire blog with updates can be found here.